POSITION FILLED! Stay tuned for other open positions in the future.
Want to join The Fem? We now have an opening for Nonfiction Editor. This is a great position for someone new to the editorial field – and for someone who is a huge feminist.
The Nonfiction Editor is responsible for:
- Reviewing submissions within a month of receiving them
- Remaining professional in all communication with writers
- Sharing posts in their genre via their own social media, i.e. Twitter, Facebook, and Tumblr
- Participating in and promoting social media campaigns, Twitter discussions, etc.
- Soliciting work from writers via social media, email, etc.
- Attending and participating in meetings
To apply for Nonfiction Editor, email your resume and a brief explanation of why you’re interested in the role and why you would be a good fit to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage members of marginalized groups to apply, including but not limited to genderqueer folks, trans people, POC, QPOC, people with disabilities, and/or LGBTQIA+/MOGAI individuals.
Please note that this is a volunteer position, and as such all positions with The Fem are unpaid. All work is also remote/virtual.
Position will remain open until we find a good fit.
3 thoughts on “WE’RE HIRING: Nonfiction Editor”
When you say ‘attending meetings’, where are you based?
All meetings will be virtual using Google hangout.