And we want YOU to submit your work.
What we’re looking for:
- Rants, thoughts, arguments, critiques, analyses, etc.
- Responses to published pieces – example, you read a poem about a queer affair between two women married to men, and it made you think about book/story X, which you’re connecting to this personal experience you had
- Lists/listicles – example, 5 poems you’d really like if you liked poem X, artists you will love if you love empowered black female characters in lit, etc.
- Fun, humorous, light-hearted pieces (because, yes, feminists have a sense of humor)
- Pop culture
- Diversity in lit
- The lit world
- Feminist issues + issues of diversity and inclusivity
- Really anything that fits into our philosophy
How to submit blog posts
Submit finished pieces or pitches to thefemlitmag(AT)gmail(DOT)com. Include a third person bio with your email and social media links. Subject line: BLOG POST, name. Note if time sensitive. If you’ve never been published, no worries!
Questions? Tweet us @thefemlitmag, or email us at thefemlitmag(AT)gmail(DOT)com.
Unfortunately, we can not pay for posts because we are 100% volunteer. We are working on kicking off fundraising, so if this changes you’ll be the first to know!
Reprints and posts that have appeared elsewhere are fine – just note who published it before so we can give credit, and ensure that it’s okay with the original publisher.